3-day Masterclass with Glenn Lucas, includes making a large 15in salad bowl.
Intermediate to advanced levels only. Experience of bowl-turning is essential. Max on the class : 8. Continuing professional development. Three-days of skill development in woodturning technique.
Please note that if you select to pay a deposit, that the full price of the class is €550, with the outstanding balance to be paid 6 weeks before the class begins.
Projects (may vary due to time restraints) taught during the Masterclass
- Rough shaping and bowl coring
- Salad Bowl – large 15 inch
- Platter – large 15 inch
- Core a nest of three bowls from a 16 inch bowl blank (this nest of bowls remain with Glenn)
• Proper Sharpening
• Proper Tool Selection
• Shear Scraping Techniques
• Push cut – for the ultimate tool finish
• Correct Tool Techniques
• Creating Tool Grinds to suit your needs
• Design and Form
• Finishing Techniques for utility and art pieces
• Proper Chucking Techniques – getting the ultimate grip
• Maintenance of a chainsaw
• Bandsaw maintenance and set up
• Wood Harvesting and Selection
• Vacuum chucks – getting set up and use
• Air and Kiln drying techniques
Your fee includes all tuition, class materials and meals.
Day 2 and Day 3
9 – 11 workshop
11-11.15 short break
1– 2 lunch break (home cooked lunch)
3.45-4 short break
Terms and conditions for class bookings are on the bottom of the home page