For rough shaping of wet or dry bowls & for refining. 16″ handle.
New M42 Stay sharp tools
M42 Stay Sharp tools made by Hamlet to Glenn’s sharpening specifications set a new standard for quality and performance in woodturning tools. Unlike other types of high speed/PM tool steel that sacrifice extreme edge retention for the ability to be honed to a keen edge, or vice versa, M42 Stay Sharp tools provide both for optimum performance you can count on.
Made in England
· M42 ‘super steel’ for optimum edge holding ability
· Can be honed to a razor sharp edge
· Parabolic flute profile for easier sharpening and superb chip clearing
· Double bevel grind for faster, cleaner cuts
· Supplied with hand-polished Ash handle
· Sharp, ready to use out of the box
This gouge is profiled with a parabolic flute which is the only flute profile you will find on any of my bowl gouges. Far easier to sharpen than the V or U shaped gouges on the market. This gouge will bring a bowl blank quickly to shape. It is sharpened to a 55 degree bevel angle.
GL4 – ⅝” bar ∅ bowl gouge€69.10
GL5S – ⅜” bar ∅ bowl gouge€47.25
GL5 – ½” bar ∅ bowl gouge€52.80
GL5 M42 steel ½” bar ∅ bowl gouge€68.25
Jig sharpening chart for bowl turning signature tools – TORMEK and WOODCUT sharpening system€4.50
Jig sharpening chart for bowl turning signature tools – ONEWAY and ROBERT SORBY PRO-EDGE sharpening jig€4.50