½” spindle gouge used for detailed spindle work and box making. 10″ handle.
New M42 Stay sharp tools
M42 Stay Sharp tools made by Hamlet to Glenns sharpening specifications set a new standard for quality and performance in woodturning tools. Unlike other types of high speed/PM tool steel that sacrifice extreme edge retention for the ability to be honed to a keen edge, or vice versa, M42 Stay Sharp tools provide both for optimum performance you can count on.
Made in England
· M42 ‘super steel’ for optimum edge holding ability
· Can be honed to a razor sharp edge
· Parabolic flute profile for easier sharpening and superb chip clearing
· Double bevel grind for faster, cleaner cuts
· Supplied with hand-polished Ash handle
· Sharp, ready to use out of the box
TIP: this tool can be sharpening on standard jigs following the instructions on the Wall Chart for GL5
Footage of the tool in action from Glenn’s DVD Mastering Woodturning – Tools and Techniques